The key to reducing the load on an A/C lies in internally generated loads. Reducing internally generated loads is the simplest step to take towards reducing the overall load on your A/C. This can be done by
- Shutting off unneeded electrical appliances, lights and equipment.
- Shifting appliance use to cooler times of the day.
- Using local exhaust fans to remove heat and humidity from kitchens and baths.
- Buying energy efficient appliances
The load on your A/C can also be reduced by improving the building of internal loads. This includes:
- Increasing insulation levels
- Shading windows
- Reducing air leakage
Putting in a new roof or windows